5/23/18

Gathering Graces 5/22/2018

*Another beautiful day today.  I didn’t get out in it much until evening, but I love these mild, spring days.
*Our office was busy getting ready for the Scholarship Award’s Assembly tomorrow.  This is always a very exciting assembly, as many seniors are awarded money to attend college.
*Later in the afternoon I went to the District Office to meet with Nancy and Jan to start work on the next Gear Up grant.  It was fun looking at the possibility for the future if the school district receives another Gear Up grant.
*Then I came home and enjoyed time outside.  I talked to Cosette for a while on the phone, and am excited for her and Taylor, and Sidnee and Ben to come visit tomorrow and have dinner with us. 
*I dug up my rogue summer squash seedlings and potato starts from my “salad garden tires”, and transplanted them in our, as I refer to it, big mound of dirt on the north side of our house.  This big mound of dirt has come in very handy, as we acquire plants and are not sure what to do with them, they go in the big mound of dirt until they find their permanent spot in the yard.  If the squash grows, I should have an abundance of summer squash by summer’s end.
*Another highlight of my day was talking on the phone with my dear friend Stephanie Bauman Broaddus.  What a wonderful visit as we got caught up on each other’s lives, and we started making plans for a possible road trip in the future together.  Watch out for these two women on the road together!!!  Stephanie called just as we were starting dinner outside, and just as the rain started pouring down, so I had to move inside so I wouldn’t get soaking wet.
*Paul was in need of purchasing a bag of peanuts (his new nighttime snack he enjoys) so we walked to Yoke’s and got him some peanuts.  What a beautiful night.  The rain shower passed, it smelled wonderful outside because of the rain, and I was with Paul, so who could ask for anything more?

No comments: