5/11/18

Gathering Graces 5/10/2018

*Today was Geranium Day!!  Each year my P.E.O. group sells pink and red geraniums, either as hanging baskets or in 4 inch pots to raise money for our various projects that help promote the educating of women.  The plants all looked healthy and beautiful this year, and the pink baskets are especially wonderful.
*I went up to Lois Dahlberg’s garage to pick up my first load of geraniums to deliver.  I got them loaded up in my car, and delivered to myself, a couple of neighbors, and Kellogg Pet Medical Center. 
*After that first load, it was time for my dentist appointment.  I had to get my permanent crown put on my tooth.  Not the funnest two hours spent in a dental chair, but I survived!!  One of the highlights was having one of my former Gear Up students, Theresa Waller, as my dental assistant.  We had a nice visit about what she is doing, and I enjoyed catching up with her. 
*It was time to help Christy deliver some of her flowers to the Uptown Hair Salon, and then deliver some to Kellogg Middle School, the District Office and Kellogg High School.  It was nice having a crew of people to help bring them in at KHS when I arrived.  I always say, you know it is officially springtime when the P.E.O. geraniums have arrived.
*I called Christy when I was done with my deliveries once I had arrived back home.  She got her pickup truck, and we went back to Dahlberg’s garage to get our final load to be delivered to Wallace and Mullan.  It was fun being out and about, seeing people and visiting.  And the rain was never too bad to deal with throughout the day.
*Upon arriving back home, I would occasionally watch the progress next door on our neighbors having one of the trees in their backyard taken down.  It was quite a process, but they got it done.  Paul had them come and look at some of  our trees, and it looks like our birch tree in the backyard may be coming down soon. 
*Zoe and Jason arrived in Moscow safe and sound last night, and it was fun hearing from them and Molly and Travis before we went to bed.  We also heard from Cosette, too!!  I am looking forward to a fun weekend in Moscow with everyone.

No comments: