4/16/18

Gathering Graces 4/15/2018

*Sleeping in is something I don’t get a chance to do that often.  Sometimes it is my schedule.  Sometimes it is my body not letting me stay in bed.  Today, I slept in until 8 a.m.  Wow!!  It felt pretty good.
*After I got up I drove down and got some coffee, and brought it back to Laurie’s house.  After having my coffee, and packing up, and doing my morning writing, I loaded up my things and Laurie drove me to the Boise Airport.  When I checked in, I was told by the nice person at the Southwest counter that my plane was delayed because of weather in another part of the country.  I was suppose to depart Boise at 12:30 p.m.  I ended up departing Boise at 2:30 p.m.  But it was fine.  I hung out in the airport, and read some things online, and kept myself pretty busy.  The flight was fine, despite a little turbulence right before we arrived in Spokane. 
*We landed, I got my suitcase, then had a bit of a panicky moment when I couldn’t find my parking ticket from the parking garage.  So I sat down and went through my wallet and finally found it.  Whew!  I went and found my car, and as I left the parking garage, I decided to take advantage of the complimentary car wash before leaving.  After the car wash, I paid for my parking and headed to Kellogg.
*The gas in Coeur d’Alene is always about 20 cents cheaper than in Kellogg, so I stopped and filled up my gas tank.  Then I headed for home.  I arrived home, and Paul was out front doing some weeding as he waited for me to arrive.  It was so nice to be home.
*Christy hosted our family dinner in her shed tonight.  She made a special slow cooker meatloaf, cooked cabbage and salad.  We also had some celebratory white wine to toast our all our successes as we are eating better and living a more healthy lifestyle.
*When we arrived home, Paul decided to rearrange our bedroom and give it a good cleaning.  While he was doing that, I got caught up on Midsomer Murders. After a week of traveling and not sleeping in my own bed, it was nice to crawl into my own bed and go to sleep.

No comments: