4/13/18

Gathering Graces 4/12/2018

*This morning at our conference I didn’t realize who the keynote speaker was until I arrived and she started talking.  Her name is Rosalind Wiseman, who is the author of a very popular book titled Queen Bees and Wannabes, the book that Tina Fey used to write and create the popular movie Mean Girls.  She shared a great talk on Creating a Culture of Dignity.  One of the points she shared that I really appreciated was the difference between bullying and drama.  She also shared a lot about teens use of social media, and how toxic it can often be for them.  The information really gave you a lot to think about.


*My first session was titled Tools for Building Resilience.  The speakers defined resilience, and how you can help students become resilient.  Again, a lot of really good information.
*Another session I attended was called Bringing Up Men: Masculinity in Schools.  This focused on how we socialize boys, and what are the results of this, and how boys view what “being a man” is all about. 
*At the end of the day, I went back to my hotel room and relaxed a bit until I joined Jacque, Dawn, Loretta, Stacia and Kristy, some of the other Gear Up people that are here at the conference, for dinner in Hailey at Chapalita’s Grill, where I enjoyed a delicious Shrimp Fajita Salad.


*Back in my hotel room, I watched some episodes of Chopped and Beat Bobby Flay as I got ready for bed. 

No comments: