4/2/18

Gathering Graces 4/1/2018

Add caption
*Hear the bells ringing, They're singing that you can be born again, Hear the bells ringing
They're singing Christ is risen from the dead
The angel up on the tombstone, Said He has risen, just as He said Quickly now, go tell his disciples, That Jesus Christ is no longer dead
Joy to the world, He has risen, hallelujah, He's risen, hallelujah, He's risen, hallelujah, Hallelujah!!!
*We had a wonderful Easter service this morning at church, and I always enjoy when I get to play my flute for the service.  Paul shared a bit in the service about all the truly wondrous things that happened surrounding Jesus death, burial and resurrection.  And these accounts don’t just come from the Bible.  They are documented in many ancient texts.  Jesus died on a cross.  People came alive and left their tombs and walked around.  The curtain in the Jewish temple was torn in two, and worship in the temple was never the same.  After Jesus rose, he was seen by many witnesses.  His death changed the course of the world, and changed the course of  all our lives by giving us a way to have a personal relationship with the God who created all things.  Sometimes that thought is too much for me to comprehend.  Sometimes that kind of LOVE is too much for me to comprehend.  But I don’t need to comprehend it to embrace it, and make it all a part of my life.
*The afternoon was spent relaxing and preparing the Easter meal for family dinner tonight for Paul, Christy, Everett and Bill.  I prepared a roasted chicken slathered in butter, herbs, garlic and lemon, deviled eggs, made with my own homemade mayonnaise, salad and asparagus.  It was delicious!!
*Bill, Christy and talked some about their upcoming remodel jobs that will be happening on their homes this month.  And we also talked about getting Mom’s estate finalized and closed out.
*I am not sure how I did it, but I really messed up on my knitting project, and had to spend some time this evening taking off a couple of rows of stitches, which I did, and now it is back on track. 
*On March 1 I started eating a different way.  I am following Dr. Don Colbert’s The Keto Zone Diet.  I have been amazed at the results.  I feel great, and this has been the easiest adaptation to a different way of eating than I have ever done.  I have not had any processed food, sugar, or any kind of grain for a month.  But the great thing is, I haven’t wanted any of those foods either.   I feel really good, and I bought some new jeans on Saturday, and went down a size. Our meals consist mostly of high quality meat, vegetables, eggs, cheese, nuts and a variety of good fats.  Paul and I are loving it!!

No comments: