3/9/18

Gathering Graces 3/8/2018

*Happy International Women’s Day.   International Women's Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
*A great day of working with students on scholarships, talking to juniors about college and career related information, and extending invitations to 36 sophomores and juniors who are eligible to become National Honor Society members.
*I found out this week if you cook chopped up cauliflower and mash it like potatoes with heavy whipping cream, it tastes surprisingly like mashed potatoes.  Delicious!!
*I have also discovered Yerba Mate.   Yerba Mate has the “strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate" all in one beverage.  Of the six commonly used stimulants in the world: coffee, tea, kola nut, cocoa and guarana, yerba mate triumphs as the most balanced, delivering both energy and nutrition.   I usually make a cup with some cream and stevia, and drink it before or after dinner.  It doesn’t seem to interfere with my sleep.  I like having another type of drink to enjoy!  Does anyone else enjoy this beverage?
*Since the year began, I have been enjoying a rather unique phenomenon in my life.  Most of my evenings have no obligations, and I am home, free to explore future possibilities, read, listen, knit....whatever I choose.  It is a liberating feeling I am learning to really enjoy.

No comments: