3/5/18

Gathering Graces 3/4/2018

*We had Family Brunch today instead of dinner at Christy and Everett’s house this afternoon.  Christy served Salmon, asparagus and a green salad.  It was really good.  She cooked the salmon and asparagus in foil packets in the oven.  Paul had his play this afternoon, so he couldn’t join us, but I brought a foil packet home for him.  We had a lot of discussion on the work Christy and Everett will be doing as they start a remodel job on their home, and what Bill and Debbie will be doing on their home.  It will be exciting to see the changes!!
*I finally tackled the mound of dishes that was on the counter and in the sink.  It felt good to get that done.  I also got the laundry done.  Sometimes it is those little accomplishments that make you feel great.  I made a deal with Paul....if he cleaned out the two litter boxes, I would do the dishes.  Now both chores are done!!
*It was nice being back at church after being gone for two weeks.  Two weeks ago was the blizzard and church was cancelled.  Last week we were in Canada.  I particularly liked singing this morning as part of the worship team, and I also loved helping serve communion as well. 
*If you read my post yesterday, there was a paragraph about meeting a new friend Betsy that really didn’t make sense after I posted it, because a part of it was deleted by mistake.  So I went back and fixed it, after Bill pointed out it didn’t make much sense. (Which I am truly grateful that he pointed it out.)  So now it hopefully makes a bit more sense.
*We had our annual meeting after church today to pass the annual budget, elect new positions, and share the business of the church.  Annual meetings can often be hard, but they are also good.  After it was all done, we closed with the words to this song, which was very appropriate.  Because when it all comes down to it, it is about binding our hearts together in love....on earth as it is in Heaven.
Bless Be The Tie That Binds, Our Hearts in Christian Love.
The Fellowship of Kindred Minds, is like to that above.

No comments: