3/17/18

Gathering Graces 3/16/2018

*I had quite the social schedule today!!  First I met my sister-in-law Debbie at The Bean to have coffee and knit and visit.  I didn’t realize that knitting in public helps you meet people.  One woman came in who was fascinated by the way I was knitting, because it was different from the way she learned how to knit.  Debbie explained that this woman knits Continental style, and I knit American style.  Then she showed us some slippers she was knitting.  Aubrey, it was a delight talking with your grandmother!!  Right before we were getting ready to leave, Christy came in to grab a drink between her PT and her nail appointment.
*My next stop was Best Shots, to have lunch with my friend Pam.  We had a wonderful visit.  While we were there, Molly, Travis and their niece Zoe came in to have lunch, too. 
*After lunch I needed a break, so I went in and took, what in our family is known as a “coma nap”.  I slept from about 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.  It felt really good.
*The next event was attending the production of The Rivals at the Sixth Street Theater.  This production was unique in the fact it is a reader’s theater, and they are reading a story from the seventeenth century, and it is British. This is not the type of show you sit back and be entertained, even though it is very entertaining.  This is a show about listening to the words, listening to the story, and hearing the nuances of the language that Sheridan used when he wrote this story.  I takes a while to get into the rhythm of the language, but once you do, it is very funny!!  Good job to the cast, and Paul for his direction.
*The evening was not over yet.  When we got home, Travis had brought a movie he thought we would all like to watch called Reign Over Me.  It is a movie starring Don Cheadle and Adam Sandler in one of his few very serious roles. Sandler portrays Charlie Fineman, who has slipped away from reality after the sudden loss of his wife and children.  It was a quite moving story.

No comments: