2/14/18

Gathering Graces 2/13/2018

Kellogg Sunrise
 

*When I returned home from walking this morning, it was light out, and the sun was starting to rise.  When I was driving home, a was fortunate to catch a photo of the beautiful sunset filling the sky with orange colored clouds.  Beauty in the sky at the beginning and the end of today.

Kellogg Sunset
*I didn’t work today, because I will be working on Friday during a Professional Development Day.  So I started off the day getting my hair cut, colored and highlighted.  It it always fun to get a new look for spring!
*Later in the morning I drove to Wallace and met with Susan P. Halley, who is the director of the Sierra Silver Mine Tour.  This popular tourist attraction in Wallace has relocated to a new building on Cedar Street, and I got a sneak peek at what it is going to look like inside, and it is going to be fabulous!!!  I have worked at the SSMT for the past eight summers or so, and plan to return this summer again. 
*For about six months or so I have not been able to download books to my Kindle Fire from the “Cloud”.  I would always get a error message telling me it would not download, and to call Amazon Customer Service.  I finally called Amazon Customer Service today, and spoke to a very nice lady who helped me troubleshoot the problem, and, by the end of our conversation, I had success.  I can now download books to my Kindle and read them.  I was particularly glad about one book I just purchased, it is a Lent Devotional that Paul and I want to start tomorrow, and I was hoping we could read it from the Kindle on Wednesday morning.  It looks like we can.
*I headed out to Pinehurst Elementary to meet with my amazing drama kids.  We had a great time singing, and one girl brought out her recorder, and we played around with that for a while, and we did our final videoing of the students today singing “Do Re Mi”.  It is such a fun time working with these students.
*After sharing my comment about learning the sign language alphabet in fourth grade, I had a few fellow Sunnyside Elementary students comment on remembering they learned the sign language alphabet as well.  It was fun to read their comments.

No comments: