1/17/18

Gathering Graces 1/16/2018

*Today I experienced a little wildlife.  On the way up to the high school for our morning walk, Nikki had to slow the car down before we drove over the bridge over the river because an elk crossed the road right in front of us.  When I left the high school in the afternoon as I was going home for lunch, four big turkeys were making their way across the street.  I love experiencing the wildlife!!
*Yes, the Silver Valley is the Wild, Wild West.  Or it sure seems that way by incidents that recently happened in Mullan, a small town along Interstate 90 just before you cross into Montana.  Since December there has been someone firing shots in a residential area of the town. And this has continued for about a month. This week they finally were able to arrest this man, when they pulled him over on a traffic stop.  I am sure the people in Mullan are sleeping a little easier now that this man has been put in jail.  A very scary situation. But fortunately no one was ever harmed when these shots were fired.
*I was reminded by my friend Kellee today about the song December, 1963 (Oh What A Night) by The Four Seasons.  Every time I hear this song I think of her.  We must have really loved this song when it was released back in 1975.  She reminded me of the two of us creating a routine for our P.E. class using this song.  Ah...P.E. at Kellogg Junior High School....with the red polyester shorts and the red and white striped t-shirts.  That was our “P.E. Uniform”.  At that time, our colors were red and white, and we were the Kellogg Kittens. And, if my memory serves me correctly, you had P.E. all three years in junior high, 7th, 8th and 9th grade years, and wore those shorts and t-shirts each year.  And sometimes they were even a part of your athletic team outfit, if I am not mistaken.
*There was success on the knitting front today as I finally knocked enough cobwebs from my mind and remembered how I cast on to begin a knitting project.  Then I practiced knitting a few rows.  Next I need to add in the purl stitch, which I have never done before.  I know it is an easy thing to do, but it will probably take me a bit to master the purl stitch.

No comments: