1/15/18

Gathering Graces 1/14/2018

*Tonight family dinner was at Bill and Debbie’s house.   Paul, Christy, Everett and I were also joined by their neighbor and our good friend Jane McShane.  Bill put together a delicious combination of flavors as he presented a Thai dinner this evening.  The starters included a cucumber salad and a broccoli dish.  The main course was shrimp stir fried rice.  Each of these dishes also had cilantro, peanuts, peanut sauce, and two different chili sauces that could be added for flavor.  The evening was finished off with either mango sorbet or coconut-pineapple ice cream.  It was fun to be able to gather at Bill and Debbie’s house, now that their kitchen and living room renovations are complete, and eat around their table, and watch my brother work his magic serving items he has never made before.  We are all glad he spread his culinary wings and served up an array of textures, flavors and colors to give us a satisfying experience.
*Our wood supply was getting low, so we saw an ad a former student of ours put online that he was selling firewood, so we texted him letting him know we would like to buy some firewood from him.  We made arrangements for it to be delivered Sunday morning, and around 8:30 a.m., two of his buddies showed up and unloaded a cord of pine into our garage.  Paul spent the day sorting and stacking it.  We now have plenty of wood now for the rest of this winter, and probably most of next winter.
*I enjoyed church this morning, and we had a pie social during our fellowship time after church.  I enjoyed visiting with some of the people at my table.  One person asked me if I was planning another trip like I did to New York City, when we did a week long mission.  I briefly told her about my trip to Italy, and said my next dream trip would be to visit the Holy Lands.  Two of the people at my table had visited there, and they started sharing stories of their trip, which made me want to travel there even more!!  I always dreamed of visiting NYC, and didn’t know how I would get there, and have now been there two times to visit.  I always dreamed of visiting Europe, and was able to go there last summer.  So it will be fun to see how a trip to Israel comes about.

No comments: