1/14/18

Gathering Graces 1/13/2018

*Around 9:30 a.m. I drove over to The Bean to meet my sister-in-law Debbie for coffee.  The weekend before we had talked about me starting a knitting project, so I brought my knitting bag, that I finally found, and I pulled all kinds of things out of this bag, and Debbie helped me get it organized, and she will help me start the project tomorrow.  When I got home, I did some more looking, and found some other yarn in Zoe’s room that I may be able to use, too.
*One of the members of our book group found a podcast that Sherman Alexie and Jess Walters did for a couple of years called A Tiny Bit of Accomplishment.  Walters is also an award winning author who grew up in Spokane.  I listened to a couple episodes this morning.  I haven’t decided if I want to continue or not.  I will keep listening to a few more and see.
*Molly and Travis drove to Spokane this morning so Molly could take her Special Education Praxis test, another step in her quest for her degree in Special Education.  They had asked us if we wanted to meet for dinner, and we decided to meet around 4 p.m. for dinner.  Paul and I went a little early to do some shopping at Costco, then Paul went and got his hair cut at The Locker Room.  I headed up to Petco to pick up some treats for Toby, and also went into Bed, Bath and Beyond to check out their flatware.  We are on a quest to get a new set of flatware.  But we both realize we are pretty picky when it comes to buying a new set.  The flatware has to have the right feel.  I found one kind that might work, but we will continue looking.
*We met Molly and Travis at a place in Post Falls called The Republic Kitchen and Taphouse.  Molly and Travis discovered this place last summer, and have been there a few times and rave about it, so we decided to check it out with them.  It is housed in The Samuel and Ann Young House, which is on the National Registry of Historic Places.  The Youngs came to Post Falls in 1896, and helped in the development of the Post Falls community.  There is a nice outside area to sit that looks like a wonderful place to be when the weather is nice.  Inside, it has the original trim and is decorated with a lot of old photographs and memorabilia.  I enjoyed my Monte Cristo sandwich with a sweet potato salad.  Everyone enjoyed their meals, and we will definitely return there someday to eat.
*When we returned home, I worked on updating my checkbook, and getting back to watching the movie Into The Wild.  What an interesting story of a young man setting out to live in the wilderness of Alaska.  But on his journey to Alaska, he met many people along the way, and the movie shared some of those stories. And the movie made this young man out to be a really great guy.  It is based on a book by the same title by Jon Krakauer.  I think I have the book around here somewhere, and I look  forward to reading it someday.

No comments: