12/9/17

Gathering Graces 12/8/2017

*Today was my book club’s Christmas gathering where we gather for a wonderful meal, share about the book we read, and then have a cookie and gift exchange. We all come home with five dozen Christmas goodies, and also some small gifts. I look forward to this gathering each Christmas season. We call ourselves the Huckleberry Book Club, and have been meeting monthly to talk about books for the past 13 or 14 years. (I will have to check to see the exact year we started). I think I have only missed 2 or 3 times over all these years. It is one of the highlights of my month.
*Sue, our host for today’s book club, said she would be making lasagna for lunch. To keep with the Italian theme, I said I would make a Panzanella Salad. I made one this last summer while in Italy, but found a different recipe, and I loved it. This was actually called a Caprese Panzanella Salad, made with cut up grape tomatoes, garlic, shallots, fresh basil, little mozzarella balls and cubes of sourdough bread toasted in a pan of butter. Then you toss them all together and drizzle with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar, and add salt and pepper to taste. It was one of the best salads of this kind I have ever made. And the colors made it look very festive and Christmasy!!

Caprese Panzanella Salad

*Our cute little Christmas show opened tonight. We had a nice crowd, and it was fun being a part of this show with this great cast. For me, the highlight of this show and the one we performed last month is the ability to work with such wonderful people. Both casts have been so great, and I have enjoyed seeing people who haven’t acted on stage hardly at all just blossom!! We have two more shows this weekend, both at 2 p.m. It was nice having Christy, Everett and Debbie in the audience!
*I sent Paul off after school to get our Christmas tree. It is in the garage, and it has filled the garage with a wonderful pine scent. I hope to at least get the tree in the stand and in the living room tomorrow. Probably won’t be decorated until Sunday or Monday.

No comments: