12/26/17

Gathering Graces 12.25.2017

*Merry Christmas!! Our day began with me getting up and filling stockings with goodies. At around 9 a.m. the kids all got up and we opened our stockings. I got an adult Dot to Dot book in my stocking. I am really looking forward to trying it out.
*A little after 10 a.m., Travis, Molly, Zoe and Cosette went over to look at Bill and Debbie’s remodel, then gathered up packages and food from both houses on Cameron Avenue and brought them here. We gathered all together for a Christmas brunch and opened up presents. It was a lovely morning.
*One gift each of the girls received was their final ornament for their tree from Grandma Mary. Christy had found them while going through Mom’s Christmas things last summer. Growing up, we would give Molly angel ornaments, Zoe bunny ornaments, and Cosette received star ornaments. Christy found a star and two bunny ornaments, but no angel ornament. But she knew how much Molly loved bunnies, so she took one of the bunny ornaments and had her friend Dawn make the bunny into an angel ornament. They were all lovely.
*It was nap time for many in the afternoon. Then we brought out a few chips, dips, crackers and leftovers from last night to eat. We were all pretty lifeless after a couple big days, so Bill, Debbie and Christy went home shortly after eating. Then all of us but Paul played the new family game Santa brought us, Harry Potter Clue.
*By early evening I was feeling weird emotions. But, I have come to expect these emotions when I least expect it. I ended Christmas Eve feeling warm and fuzzy. I ended Christmas Day feeling a mixture of emotions, and I had a pit in my stomach. This could have been because I was tired, because of my grief, because of many things. But, again, I was taken by surprise at my emotions.
*One gift our family received was money to attend the new Star Wars movie. We purchased our tickets, and will go attend the movie tomorrow afternoon. We are all looking forward to seeing it! Thanks Bill and Debbie!!
*It was a pretty early night for most of us. One gift I gave our family was a book to read this week, and then we are going to discuss it during and after dinner on Friday night. (Yes, I gave my family homework for the week!!) The book is called The Dance of the Dissident Daughter. I read it last spring, and thought it was fascinating. I look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts on the book.

No comments: