12/3/17

Gathering Graces 12/2/2017

*The day started out with breakfast at Best Shots with Christy. We hadn’t seen each other in a while and it was fun to visit. Then I went to her house and saw the work they are having done on their shed, and went next door to see the remodeling progress at Bill and Debbie’s house.
*When I returned home, I started baking. By day’s end I had 10 dozen baked goods and some chocolates infused with essential oils, orange and peppermint.
*Continuing with the Barbra Streisand theme from the day before, I rented A Star is Born on Amazon Videos, and watched it this afternoon. I had the soundtrack album growing up, so I could still sing every word to every song performed in the movie.
*I continued watching some Christmas specials. First was Frosty the Snowman’s Winter Wonderland. Then I found A Very Brady Christmas. As I began watching the Brady Christmas special, I had vivid memories of the original show’s Christmas episode when Carol Brady lost her voice, then in the end was able to sing O Come All Ye Faithful. This must have been a popular episode, because they incorporated this memory, and the song in this movie as well. It was a touching moment in a rather cheesy Christmas movie.
*Paul was due home around 2 a.m. from Pocatello, and I was wide awake around 11 p.m. So I found a Christmas movie I had never watched, The Holiday, and started it. What an absolutely delightful movie, starring Jude Law, Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jack Black and Eli Wallach. I was very pleasantly surprised.
*It was wonderful having Paul home safe and sound. And he did find his phone. It was in the car door. I just didn’t see it there when I looked last Friday morning.

No comments: