12/19/17

Gathering Graces 12/18/2017

*Bill, Christy, Paul and I drove up to the Kellogg Elks to join many other people gathering together to pay tribute to Peny Benson. Peny was a wonderful woman I have known almost my whole life, and her son Eric and I have also known each other almost our whole lives. It was a beautiful service, followed by a luncheon of her favorite food...cheeseburgers. It was also nice to see and visit with people I haven’t seen in a while, and to talk a bit with Eric before we left. Peny and Mom were in the nursing home together, and Peny was a source of strength and comfort many times for us as we were spending time with Mom. I was glad I was able to spend some time with Peny during those days as well.
*On this rather rather rainy and drizzly day, Paul and I headed off to Coeur d’Alene to get some final shopping done. It was a very successful trip! The stores weren’t too crowded, and we were done in home in less than four hours. Now that is my kind of shopping trip.
*We arrived back home around 5 p.m., followed soon after by Molly and Travis, who were arriving with their two bunnies from Moscow. We enjoyed warming up the delicious Fishermans Soup Bill had made for dinner the night before, then enjoyed watching the movie Wonder Woman. It was a very good movie.
*I am so glad I am feeling better. I still have a bit of a “husky” voice, and I will cough occasionally, but my energy level has returned, and for that I am very thankful. I thank all of you who have been praying I feel better.

No comments: