12/2/17

Gathering Graces 12/1/2017

*Today was nice because I got out of my regular routine and did some other things, which I needed for some reason.
*The day began at The Bean having coffee with my wonderful friend Stephanie Bauman Broaddus.  Stephanie lives in Oklahoma but comes back to Kellogg off and on for visits, and it is always such a pleasure to catch up.  I even ran into Bill and Debbie as I was leave The Bean.  They were going in to have some coffee as we were leaving.
*Then I drove to Pinehurst and picked up my friend Pam and we headed to Coeur d’Alene because I needed to pick up the Christmas cards I ordered, and buy a few things at the store.  We had lunch at Mod Pizza, and had such a great time catching up.
*By the time I returned home, I was tired.  So I laid down for a bit on the couch, and put Netflix on and wanted something on the TV I could listen to, and came across the new Barbra Streisand special The Music....The Memories.....The Magic!  What a wonderful show.  It was a trip down memory lane for me for sure.  I cried my way through it, and was transported back to different times in my life.  Some of these included the time Christina Curry and I sang the song Everything in the Freshman Talent Show at KJHS.  Paul, Laurie and I singing the song The Way We Were at the beginning of a presentation we did in a class in college.  Another college memory was listening to the soundtrack to Yentl over and over again my junior year in college.  And I had to look up how old Barbra Streisand is, and I hope I look as good as she does at the age of 75.
*One of the things I purchased at the store in CDA was hazelnuts.  In order to use them in the recipe tomorrow, I needed to roast them in the oven for 15 minutes, then put them in a kitchen towel and rub off the skin.  So that process took about an hour or more to do two batches of those nuts.  But now they are ready for use tomorrow when I start baking.  And I continued the Barbra Streisand theme in the kitchen by having Alexa shuffle Streisand tunes on the Echo Dot. 
*Paul was so proud of himself for initiating a Google Hangout with me last night from his Chromebook.  I was expecting to hear from him around 10 p.m., but about 9:15 I got the notification he was calling.  Then I realized he is in a different time zone, and for him it was 10 p.m.  It was so nice to finally talk to him.
*What a wonderful day, and so nice to have a change of pace to my normal routine. 

No comments: