11/5/17

Gathering Graces 11/4/2017

*Today was a pretty relaxing day.  So relaxing, in fact, that I spent the better part of it in my pajamas. 
*I streamed the Kellogg Wildcats vs. Gooding Senators football game and cast it onto our television, and it was such a great game.  Even though the team lost 21-20, they played their heart out, and I am so very proud of these boys. 
*I had a couple of plants that needed planted outside in the ground, so Paul and I headed outside later in the afternoon.  It wasn’t snowing too bad, so we planted some lavender in the backyard and a hydrangea bush in the front yard.
*I was determined to have food on the table before we left for the theater tonight.  And I succeeded.  In the morning I went down to the freezer to see what I could find.  There was a gallon bag of frozen tomatoes in there, and a small frozen bag of hamburger meat.  So I thought to myself....taco soup in the crock pot!!  I had never made taco soup in the crockpot, but I thought I would try.  I looked on Pinterest for taco soup crock pot recipes, modified it a bit with the ingredients I  had, and by 5 p.m. we were enjoying delicious bowls of taco soup, topped with plain Greek yogurt, cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
*Another enjoyable night at the theater.  Wallace had quite a bit more snow than Kellogg.  There was probably about three inches by the time we left the theater last night, and Kellogg maybe got an inch.

No comments: