11/18/17

Gathering Graces 11/17/2017

*I have been going, going, going so much lately that, when I have a chance to just sit and do nothing, it is hard.  I am in need of some serious reprogramming.  I need to relearn to do that again.  Soon....soon.
*French dip sandwiches on Ciabatta rolls, warm German potato salad, butternut squash soup with crusty bread topped with cheese, apples with caramel dip, Maple Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash, Sweet bread topped with honey butter, and Raspberry Oatmeal Bars.  This was the spread I enjoyed this afternoon at my book group, which met at the end of French Gulch at French Gulch Farm and Garden.  Our book this month was The Dinner by Herman Koch.   The only thing I knew about the book was two teenage boys committed some horrific crime, and I was not in the state of mind this week to read a story with that kind of theme.  But I did enjoy those ladies who did read the book discuss it, and it sounded like it was a very well written book.  Book group was a highlight of a rather difficult week.
*Despite our cast, once again, coughing and sneezing through our performance, we had a great audience (we ended up having 49 people at the show, which is pretty great since we had no tickets sold for this performance last Sunday).  And the Sunday show is sold out.  No show on Saturday, because of conflicts with cast members.  I am looking forward to having Molly, Travis, Zoe and Cosette in the audience on Sunday, and then home for the week of Thanksgiving.
*Later in the afternoon, Christy dropped by to meet Archie.  She is going to come over on Saturday while we are gone and get Archie out to run around the backyard for a little bit.
*After Christy left, I started hearing the Hallelujah Chorus!!  Why?  Because Paul got the new hot water heater installed, and we now have hot water in the kitchen and laundry room.  Hallelujah...hallelujah....hallelujah! Hallelujah.......Hallelujah!
*Health-wise, I am actually feeling better.  Paul is much worse off than me at this point.  His colds always tends to settle in his sinuses.  Tomorrow is his birthday, and I feel bad that he has to deal with being this sick on his birthday.
*Tomorrow our family will be together as we gather in the Kibbie Dome to watch Cosette perform in the Vandal Marching Band and be recognized at half-time as one of the senior members of the Vandal Marching Band. 

No comments: