11/2/17

Gathering Graces 11/1/2017

*Happy November everyone!!  I am very thankful to be back home in Kellogg after my trip to Portland for a few days.
*I finished all but one of my senior interviews today.  One student was absent.  Hopefully he will be at school on Thursday.  If he is, then I would have achieved my goal of meeting one on one with each senior before College Application Week begins next Monday....all 83 of them!!
*I also met with a parent after school about making sure their student is on track to go to college, and is doing all the steps necessary to be successful in this process.  I love it when parents come and talk to me about their kids.  There is something wonderful and great about each kid, and I really enjoy helping them and putting them on the road to be successful in whatever they plan to do after high school.
*It is fun stopping at Bill and Debbie’s and seeing paint swatches painted on walls, and talk to them about what they want to do to their house to make it their own.  They visited my friend Kellee’s childhood home to see the renovations they had done opening up their kitchen and living room area.  I love watching the transformation of being Mom’s house, to becoming Bill and Debbie’s house.
*Tonight was our first of two dress rehearsals for the show that opens on Friday night.  It went pretty good.  If you are in the area, and want to see a feel-good, entertaining show that makes you proud of the place you live, come and see “Goin’ for the Gold, Settlin’ for the Silver”.  The show opens Friday November 3rd a 7 p.m., and runs Fridays and Saturdays at 7 p.m., and Sundays at 2 p.m. through Sunday, November 19th, with no show on November 18th.
*I came home and did a few projects needed for opening night, and then headed for bed!!  Again, it was nice to be home.

No comments: