11/1/17

Gathering Graces 10/31/2017

*Happy Halloween!  This is probably the least Halloweeny I have ever been for this particular holiday.  There were a few employees at the Portland Airport dressed up, and, when I stopped in Coeur d’Alene for dinner I saw a few people in costume wandering the streets, but that was about the extent of my Halloween experience.
*The conference went well this morning.  I attended a lot of sessions about what makes students who have had everything stacked against them be successful.  And the same answer keeps being shared.  All it takes is to have one caring adult in their life who they trust and who they believe they have made a connection with, and that can turn their whole life around.  It has been proven over and over again.  Relationship is the key.
*I checked out of my hotel, and headed to the airport around 1 p.m.  My flight didn’t leave until 5:30 p.m.. but this gave me a chance to get some work done in the afternoon.  It was a very productive afternoon sending emails to parents.
*The flight was not full at all, so it was nice to have two seats to myself.  As I looked out the window I could see many of the mountains of the Cascade Range out of the window.  I am not sure which ones I was seeing. They were all very majestic and beautiful!
*It was SO NICE to get home.  I loved just being with Paul in the evening.  Even the pets seemed more settled.  We are all home now, so all is right with the world. 

No comments: