10/18/17

Gathering Graces 10/17/2017

*It was a whirlwind of a morning.  I go to work at 7:30 a.m. to meet with a student, and he was a no show.  I don’t think he was at school today, either.  I had two more meetings with students during first period.  I am getting close to getting all my one on one times with the seniors complete. 
*Students continue to work on scholarships during homeroom, which is great.  So far, this class seems very motivated to fill out scholarship applications.  I am doing my best to help them with the process.
*The wind really started picking up this afternoon.  As A.A. Milne would put it, “it was a rather blustery day.”
*I stopped at the new Kellogg Middle School (formerly Sunnyside Elementary) to pick up some water testing kits, and it was fun seeing Carolyn Wozny and her KMS Cross Country Team getting ready to load a bus and head off to the district cross country meet.  Her daughter Shaye gave me a big hug, which made my day!!  Carolyn is one of the warmest, most positive people I know.  She is always encouraging people and cheering them on, and she is just really wonderful person.  Those kids are very fortunate to have her as their coach.
*I also received a wonderful hug from Cindy Absec, who hadn’t been able to give me one since Mom passed away.  Again, a wonderful short visit to KMS, full of love, warmth and good cheer. 
*I made it back to school for another meeting with a student.  Then I took some time to get my office organized before leaving for the day.  Whew!!
*The wind continued to blow when I got home.  I liked the wind whipping around.  At one point I went out in the backyard with Sadie and I saw some papers flapping on our bench that surrounds our beach tree.  I went over and realized it was a clipboard that Nancy used on Sunday during the filming in the backyard.  Fortunately, I was heading to Wallace for rehearsal tonight, and I could stop by her house and return it to her.
*It was fun seeing the transformation of the stage, since I wasn’t at rehearsal the night before.  It is really coming together.  It was a great rehearsal, and we got a lot of songs worked out.
*After school I saw our art teacher Rachael putting up items her ceramics students have been creating in class, and it gave me the desire to start doing some pottery again.  I need to figure out a time when that will work, and start making things again.  I also had a brief conversation with her about going into her Advanced Art class and sharing some of the photos from my trip to Italy.  That will happen in January.  I am very excited!!

No comments: