10/15/17

Gathering Graces 10/14/2017

*I started the morning putting some laundry in the washing machine, then taking a nice warm bubble bath. 
*My friend Anita recommended I read the book Idaho by Emily Ruskovich.  I have been hooked from the start, and can’t put it down.
*Around 11 a.m., Paul and I packed up our seat cushions, warm outer wear, and tickets, and drove to Moscow to watch the University of Idaho Vandal March Band play during the football game.  We were amazed at the amount of snow on the ground on our way to Moscow. 
*We got situated in the stands at the Kibbie Dome, and enjoyed the band’s pregame show.  The Vandals were playing the Mountaineers.  The mascot was with the cheerleaders across the field, and I was curious as to the name of the Mountaineer Mascot.  Well, I was not disappointed when I learned his name.  The name of the mascot is Yosef.   Yosef is the mascot for Appalachian State. The origin of the name Yosef comes from mountain talk for "yourself", the idea being that if you are a fan, friend or alumnus and have a heart of black and gold, you are Yosef.

Yosef
*The halftime show was excellent as always by the Vandal Marching Band.  We always enjoy watching the fun Coco has on her buck drum during the performances.
*When Paul and I first entered the Kibbie Dome, we came across a table from Pulman and Moscow Building Supply where you could sign up to win some prizes.  They also had a spinning wheel to win prizes.  I won a coupon and Paul won a drink cozie.  All of a sudden, during the third quarter, my name was called across the public address system.  I had won the main prize.  So Coco and I headed over to the Guest Services booth on the other side of the Kibbie Dome and picked up my $25 gift card from this business.  Later, I also won a coupon to claim a $1 scratch ticket from the Idaho Lottery.  I have been on kind of a roll winning drawings.  Back in August, during the staff meetings before school began, I won two of those drawings as well, a nice carrying container, and a bottle of wine in a box with a selection of wine serving tools.
*After watching a disappointing loss, Cosette, Paul and I met Travis and Molly at Gambinos for dinner.  We all had a great dinner and it was fun to visit.  Travis also had a lucky night.  Since I didn’t think I would use my gift card anytime soon, he was the recipient of the Building Supply gift card and coupon.
*We had an easy drive home.  Paul listened to the BSU game most of the way.  It was nice to be home, to see our cats and dog, and then get ready for bed.  The end of a really nice day.  It doesn’t take much to be content.

No comments: