8/4/17

Gathering Graces 8/3/2017

*Mom was up when I arrived, and we visited for a while.  Paul arrived around 9:30 a.m., and I left.
*Day Number Two of coffee at The Bean.  A friend wanted to look at my photos from Italy, so I shared my photos and stories with Colleen and Kat.  It was so fun.  I hadn’t talked much about my trip since my return, so it was fun sharing with them my experiences and stories, and remembering all the beautiful things I had seen.
*While visiting at The Bean, another friend, Angie Colburn came in and gave me a big hug and told me she was sorry about what I was going through with my mom.  It is amazing how healing a hug from a friend can be.  Thanks for your kind words Angie.
*I got home and ate some lunch and took a nap for a while.  I had not slept well the night before and had some catching up to do.
*Mom was resting when I arrived around 3 p.m.  She slept the whole time I was there, so I was able to read more of the book All The President’s Men, and also enjoyed some Food Network shows as well.
*I had been thinking about having Mexican food all afternoon, so I suggested to Paul that we go eat at Casa d’Oro for dinner.  It was really good, and it was fun to go out to dinner together. 
*We came home and refilled the hummingbird feeders, and I read some more of my book.  At dinner, Paul was saying he was dealing with some arthritis and joint pain in his hands.  I did some research and made him a Tea Tree Oil/Coconut Oil mixture to see if that may help.  I have recently been purchasing Essential Oils, and have enjoyed using them in a diffuser, and also hope to use them topically as well.

No comments: