5/9/17

Gathering Graces 5/8/2017

*Most mornings I drink coffee because I enjoy the taste of coffee.  Then there are mornings I need a cup of coffee.  Today, I needed a cup of coffee.
*Started the day off visiting Mom this morning.  She was finishing up breakfast when I arrived.
*I heard good news from April regarding her dad Jim Vergobbi.  He had surgery on his fractured hip and it wasn’t as bad as they thought, and she talked to him and he sounded really good.  He will be in the hospital for three days, then probably go somewhere for rehab.
*Got a call from daughter Molly today.  It was nice to have a short visit with her.
*After school our book discussion group met to work on our presentation to the District Leadership Team.  We will present on Wednesday about what we have learned about working with students who deal with trauma, and creating a trauma sensitive classroom.
*After work I stopped at Mom’s house to get her mail, and some clothes for her, and went to see her.  She enjoyed opening up the cards she has received and reading through them.  When it was time for dinner, I wheeled Mom to the dining room so she could enjoy dinner with some of the other residents.
*I finished listening to the book The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane.  I look forward to discussing it with my book group in a couple of weeks.  It was very interesting, and I learned a lot about part of the Chinese culture I hadn’t heard of before.

No comments: