5/7/17

Gathering Graces 5/6/2017

*The day started bright and early in Wallace at 8 a.m. as Paul and I shot our scenes for the film we are in, Across Bank Street: Portal to the Clockworld.  It went really well.  I only have one more day of shooting, then Paul will have a couple more this summer.  If you want to see a bit of what this project is about, here is a trailer to the first part here.
*Our ladies ministry at church puts on two teas each year, and at Christmas and one in the spring.  I was asked to sing at this year’s spring tea that took place from noon to 2 today at our church.  I sang  What a Friend We Have in Jesus.  It was a fun afternoon with a wonderful group of ladies drinking tea, visiting, enjoying wonderful salads, playing fun games, and listening to a speaker from the organization ARMS ((Abuse Recovery Ministry Services).   ARMS exists to bring healing and transformation, from a faith perspective, to those impacted by domestic violence and controlling relationships. To find out more go here.
*After the tea, I went across the road to Mom’s new home, Kindred, and we had a nice afternoon.  She came back from Physical Therapy in her wheelchair, so we kept her in it, and Christy and I gave her a tour of the building.  Then she was getting tired, so we left to let her rest.
*After dinner, Paul and I took Sadie over to visit Mom.  Sadie was a little nervous, but I think she will get used to being there.  Mom was a little sleepy while we were there, so we only stayed a short while.
*After watching La La Land, I wanted to see another movie with Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone.  We watched Crazy, Stupid Love.

No comments: