2/22/17

Gathering Graces 2/21/2017

*As part of my job with Gear Up, our students and their parents have to do Gear Up surveys every year,  The student ones are easy, because the students just get on the computer and take them while I have them in class.  Now the parent ones are a little trickier.  They are paper ones, and I send them home with the students so the parents fill them out, then the students need to return them to me.  Today was the first deadline, and I have quite a few returned.  I need 60 percent of parent surveys returned, and I am about 20 shy of my goal.  Come one juniors and seniors, bring those surveys back.  They need to be all submitted by March 6th.
*SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!  Sorry folks, but I love it when it snows.  Give me snow over drizzly, gray, slushy weather any day.  I love the big snowflakes that fell today.  It is so beautiful!!
*I tried an interesting combination for dinner tonight to take over to Mom’s house.  Bill had posted a couple of days ago, a recipe for Marcella Hazan’s Tomato Sauce that sounded absolutely wonderful, so I decided to try it.  It did not disappoint.  Basically you take two cans of tomatoes, an onion, butter and salt, and you make this incredible sauce.  If you want to check it out the recipe is here.  Then I prepared a spaghetti squash in the microwave, because I read the directions, and it seemed so easy to cook the squash in the microwave.  After I cooked it for 5 minutes, you turn the squash 180 degrees, which I did, and let it cook another 5 minutes.  About two minutes into the second five minutes, I heard a funny noise, and went to investigate, and my squash had exploded!!! (Yes, I had made six or seven sharp incisions with a knife into the squash, so that wasn’t the problem.) But I was able to reclaim most of the squash, despite the explosion.  I also roasted some cauliflower in the oven by covering it with coconut oil, salt and pepper.  I cut it up, added it to the spaghetti squash and the tomato sauce, and had a very delicious veggie dinner, that received Mom’s approval as well.
*After dinner, Paul and I headed to Wallace for our monthly board meeting for the Sixth Street Theater.  We had a very productive meeting, as well as listened to the cast of Escanaba in da Moonlight rehearse for their upcoming show which opens at the theater on March 3rd.

No comments: