2/17/17

Gathering Graces 2/16/2017

*I spent part of my morning visiting Pinehurst Elementary to check out the rooms I will use once I start the Drama Class as part of the PASS after school program.  I will begin this on February 28th.  It has been quite a while since I worked with elementary-aged students on a long term basis.  I am looking forward to the challenge.  It was fun seeing the bustling halls with students and teachers.  Pinehurst Elementary is a very inviting building to walk through.
*When I got home from work, I pulled up President Trump’s press conference.  I wanted to watch it for myself, before I read about it through other people’s impressions.  I was actually impressed with the way he had command of the room.  I am realizing our President conducts himself in a manner different than previous Presidents, and I think we just need to get used to it.  And I don’t think he will change.  He will share things that are not true.  He will sidestep or refuse to answer questions.  He will be rude to the press.  But that isn’t any different than he was throughout his campaign.  But yesterday I saw the Donald Trump that was so appealing to so many of the people who voted for him.  It reminded me of seeing Hilary Clinton speak at a conference back in 2009.  She was a commanding, passionate speaker in person.  Yesterday, I didn’t feel like President Trump was ranting and raving and out of control.  This is his normal.  And I think I need to get used to his normal.  I don’t have to like it.  I don’t have to agree with it.  But my conclusion is, this is who he is, and he isn’t going to change.  And I need to spend time fact checking everything he shares from the podium.  It has been hard for me to show grace toward our current President, and today I think that changed a little bit. 
*Paul and I went up to the Sixth Street Theater to take photos of the cast and get some information on them for some publicity for the upcoming play, Escanaba in da Moonlight.  It opens March 3rd, and you won’t want to miss it.

No comments: