1/29/17

Gathering Graces 1/28/2017

*It was a lovely morning as I sat and wrote some cards and did some planning, while Paul was in the living room playing his guitar and singing songs as he prepared for our worship time on Sunday morning at church.  So beautiful and relaxing.
*With the washing machine fixed, that meant a lot of clean clothes to put away.  So I gathered all the clothes I had separated on the couch in the living room, scooped them up and went to my bedroom to put them away.  Success!!  They were all put away.
*While in my bedroom, I noticed the top of my dresser was a mess, so I scooped all the contents off the top of the dresser, put it on the bed, and proceeded to organize.  Much of this organization involved my jewelry.  It felt good to get some semblance of order within my earrings, necklaces, bracelets and pins.
*During my putting away of clothes and jewelry organization, I decided I wanted to listen to something.  On Friday, Bill had mentioned in his Three Beautiful Things post about listening to a podcast featuring Malcolm Gladwell.  I still had a couple of audio books of Gladwell’s that I hadn’t listened to, and his books are always a great thing to listen to while working on projects.  So today I began listening to  “What the Dog Saw and other adventures”.  The majority of my time was spent listening to the story of Ron Popeil.  He was the creator of Ronco products that he sold on television using infomercials.  I love Gladwell’s writing, and he always narrates his own books.  Other books of his I have listened to are “Blink”, “The Outliers” and “The Tipping Point”.  If you have never read or listened to Gladwell’s books, I encourage you to try one out. 
*Once a week we try and have a family dinner with Mom, Christy, Everett, Paul and myself.  Tonight Christy and Everett hosted at their house.  Mom was even able to navigate over to Christy’s house with her walker.  (What a blessing that walker has been!!)  We had Beef Barley Stew, Cornbread and Salad.  And they served Gewürztraminer, a lovely white wine I had not had in quite a while, and it was delicious!  It was a wonderful evening to have all of us together.


No comments: