12/3/15

Advent Thoughts 12.3.15. We Must Be A Light in the Darkness #advent

When I think of the season of Advent, I think of darkness.

When I think of Christmas and the birth of Jesus, I think of light.

The star guided the wise men and the shepherds to Jesus.

When Jesus was born, the Light had come.

In Isaiah 60:1-3 it says:

Arise, shine;
For your light has come!
And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
And deep darkness the people;
But the Lord will arise over you,
And His glory will be seen upon you.
The Gentiles shall come to your light,
And kings to the brightness of your rising
 
 
It seems like more and more, the world has plunged into darkness, at least the world we hear about.  Mass shootings are becoming all too common place, and I can't wrap my head around them.  They are the product of people plunged in darkness who have not seen the light.
 
Darkness has covered the people who reigned terror on Paris recently.
Darkness has covered the man who reigned terror on the abortion clinic.
Darkness has covered the people who reigned terror in San Bernardino, California yesterday.
 
I believe these people need to come to the light.
 
They need Jesus.  The darkness in this world needs Jesus.
 
Because Jesus is the embodiment of all that is good, and kind and loving and peaceful and hopeful.
 
If  you have never read about Jesus, I would suggest you take some time to really study His message.
 
Because I think we all yearn for what Jesus has for us.
 
He is the Light of the World.
 
 
Whoever follows Jesus will never walk in darkness.
 
I believe we need LIGHT in the world. 
 
Continue to share and be that light to others.

No comments: