11/29/15

Advent Thoughts: 11.29.15 O Come, O Come, Emmanuel #advent

 
 
O come, O come, Emmanuel
And ransom captive Israel
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.

O come, Thou Rod of Jesse, free
Thine own from Satan's tyranny
From depths of Hell Thy people save
And give them victory o'er the grave
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.

O come, Thou Day-Spring, come and cheer
Our spirits by Thine advent here
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night
And death's dark shadows put to flight.
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.

O come, Thou Key of David, come,
And open wide our heavenly home;
Make safe the way that leads on high,
And close the path to misery.
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.

O come, O come, Thou Lord of might,
Who to Thy tribes, on Sinai's height,
In ancient times did'st give the Law,
In cloud, and majesty and awe.
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.
 
Emmanuel.  God With Us. 
 
 
“The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).  Matthew 1:23
 
 
I love this Christmas song.  It helps my heart prepare for Emmanuel.  God With Us.  Why wouldn't I want Emmanuel, God With Us? 
 
 
I am like Israel in this song. 
I have been ransomed.  I was taken out of lonely exile. 
I have been freed from Satan's tyranny.  I have victory o'er the grave.
The gloomy clouds of night have been dispersed.  Death's dark shadow's have been put to flight.
Our heavenly home has been opened wide.  The way that leads on high has been made safe.  The path to misery has been closed.
Thou Lord of might has come, the same who in ancient times gave the Law in cloud, and majesty and awe.
 
The Lord of all creation is with us!!
 
We have relationship with Emmanuel.  God With Us.
 
He has come into this dark, lonely world, and brought the Light.
 
He daily comes into my dark, lonely world, and brings me His Light.
 
Advent is a season observed in many Western Christian churches as a time of expectant waiting and preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus at Christmas. The term is a version of the Latin word, meaning "coming".
 
This year, I want to be purposeful in my heart preparation throughout the Christmas season.  I hope to write a little bit each day as I prepare my heart for the celebration of the Birth of Jesus.  Emmanuel.  God With Us.
 
"The Lord kept his promise to send a Savior, the Righteous Branch of David's house."  Jeremiah 33: 14-16
 
I have been saved by Emmanuel. God With Us.
 
 


No comments: