8/26/14

Harvest Dinner

Tonight our dinner consisted of freshly picked vegetables picked right from the garden.

The only thing that didn't come from our own garden was the onion.

It was so nice to go out and harvest vegetables and eat them.  My garden has been a little slow this summer.  I think it was a combination of getting the garden planted later than usual, and the bad hail storm that hit in July that plants had to recover from.

Despite these two things, here is what we had from our bounty of garden goodness tonight for dinner.

 Here is my small little harvest of peas from our garden.
Here they are after Paul and I took them out of the pods.

Each summer one of my favorite dishes is creamed peas and potatoes. Yum!!

Here are sliced zucchini and yellow squash, sautéed with onions and sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.

And then some fresh greens mixed with a warm oil, vinegar and walnut sauce.
 
 
Very delicious.  I love eating food from the garden that I helped harvest and grow.
 

No comments: