5/22/14

Apple Cider

Tonight I finally had a night to sit at home and relax.

As a treat, I opened the hard apple cider my sister gave me for Mother's Day.  It was delicious.


Yes, hard apple cider has a certain amount of alcohol in it. But not a high amount.

I have never been a fan of beer.  And there are a few drinks with alcohol I do enjoy from time to time... and hard apple cider happens to be one of my favorites.

I discovered hard apple cider when we still lived in Meridian, Idaho.  We had gone to have dinner in downtown Boise, and ate at a Basque restaurant.  They had a hard cider on their menu, and I decided to try it.  It was delicious.

So, from time to time, I would try different kinds of cider.  Some are better than others.  For a while, they weren't really popular, but have gotten more popular recently.

I have never liked beer, and never been a beer drinker.  But a hard apple cider is delicious.

Two years ago my brother and I drove up to Canada and stopped at a pub for lunch.  I ordered a hard apple cider.  It was so delicious.  It was Okanagan.  But last summer when I returned to Canada with both of my siblings, I sought out this particular brand of cider, and couldn't find it.  I am still searching for that delicious cider I tried.

I am constantly in search of good apple cider.  It isn't because I like to drink to excess.  It is because I enjoy the taste and flavor of hard apple cider.  And I have tried other hard ciders made of other fruit as well, and many are quite good.

I will continue to search out different ciders to try.  And I will continue to enjoy them along the way.

No comments: