3/2/14

Preparing Your Heart



There are times when I feel changes are coming in my life, so I need to take time and prepare my heart.

This time of preparedness for me means more praying, more writing, more reading the Bible, and more listening to what I believe God is telling me.  And hearing from God can come from a lot of different things.

I feel like Paul and I are moving into a transition time in our lives....but I have no idea right now what that means.

Yes, things are changing.  Our youngest daughter is graduating from high school, and will be going off to college in the fall.

Our middle daughter is at college.

Our oldest daughter works and attends college.  And even though she is still at home, her circumstances may change where she finds she needs to move closer to her college campus in order to take her college classes.  Who knows?

But despite being possible "empty nesters" sometime soon, we are both being stirred up in our spirit.  Some of this is also asking questions like, "What should we be doing?"  "Are we doing what you want Lord?" 

We want our lives to be meaningful.  We want our lives to have purpose. 

We want to serve God and serve others the best way we can.

And so the questions arise...are we doing this?  Are we where we should be?  Are we loving and serving as we should where we are now?

To hopefully get the answers to these questions, I plan to take time and prepare my heart. 

'Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."  Matthew 6:33

No comments: