1/30/14

Quiet Mornings

My favorite time of the day is early in the morning, when everyone is still sleeping, and I get to sit and be in the quiet of the morning.

The world is hushed at that time of day.  Not a whole lot moves outside or inside the house. 

It is a good time to think.

It is a good time to pray.

It is a good time to read the Bible.

It is a good time to write in my journal.

It is a good time to think about the day ahead.

In the summers, I enjoy it when the window is open, and often you hear birds chirping early in the morning.

In the winter, if it is snowy, like it is today, the snow tends to make outside even more "hushed", because the snow muffles the sounds.

If I don't get my time of quiet in the morning, I feel rushed.  I feel a bit unsettled.  That time in the morning seems to start my day off on a good note.

I like quiet.  I like morning.

And I especially like quiet mornings.

No comments: