1/31/14

Places I Want To Visit

I have enjoyed traveling in my lifetime.

Maybe because we didn't travel much as I was growing up.

When I was in fifth grade, I accompanied Mom to a meeting she had in Boise, and got to visit the State Capital Building, and the Idaho History Museum.  I also got to spend some time with my cousins who lived in Boise.  I still remember visiting my cousin Angie's school, and going to see "Where The Red Fern Grows" in the movie theater with her class from school.

Once I got to high school, it was fun traveling to basketball tournaments and drama and speech competitions.  I was also in Rainbow Girls, and we would travel to Grand Assembly in the summer, which would be at various places around the state of Washington.

One big family trip we took while I was in high school was to Seattle.  Dad and some of his friends got tickets to see the All Star Baseball Game that summer.  This was the first time I got to really be a tourist in a big city.  It was a fabulous experience!!

While in college, I got to live in California during the summer of 1984.  I loved living and working in Southern California, and visiting many of the sights of the Los Angeles area.  We also got to attend the Summer Olympics being held in Los Angeles that summer.

I still enjoy traveling to different places.  Seattle is still a fun destination.  I also enjoy visiting Portland, Oregon.  Our family took a trip to Southern California during the summer of 2006, and enjoyed many of the highlights the LA area has to offer.

I have been to Washington D.C. three times.

I have been to New York City twice.

I visited Houston, Texas on February for a conference.  Was not a big fan of this city.

I've been all over the state of Montana, seen a lot of North Dakota, and visited the Black Hills of South Dakota, and Mount Rushmore.

I have been to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area in Minnesota. I have driven through Salt Lake City, but never actually stopped.

We stopped in Las Vegas on our way to Southern California.  Vegas is not my kind of town.

Paul and I visited the Denver, Colorado area last November.  It wasn't what I expected.  The Mile High City was much more desert-like than I anticipated.

So I have had the pleasure of visiting quite a few places in this great country of ours, as well as a few places in British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Alberta, Canada.

So what is on my list of places I would like to visit in the future?

1.  Chicago
2.  San Francisco
3.  Pineville, Kentucky and the area where my Woolum/Wilson roots come from.
4.  Harrison, Arkansas where Paul's Roberts' family roots come from.
5.  Boston, Mass.

Outside the United States, I would like to visit:
1. England, and look for my Walker family roots.
2.  Jerusalem.  I want to visit the Holy Land, as well as go on a mission trip to Jerusalem.
3.  Scotland, Ireland, Wales
4.  France
5.  Spain

These are the top ten I'm looking at to visit in the near future.

I love to travel and experience new cultures and places.

Bon Voyage!!

No comments: