2/6/10

Ties to Traveling

I love to travel.

I love experiencing new places and seeing more of this great country of ours.

Today I woke up, got on a plane, and flew to Houston, Texas.

I am here for a conference for work.

After I checked into the hotel and rested for a bit, I ventured out to find something to eat for dinner.  Always interesting when you are alone in a city you have never been to before.

But there was a lot of activity in the area of our hotel, because the Toyota Center is about a block away, and the Houston Rockets were playing the Philadelphia 76ers.  I was even a bit tempted to go buy a ticket, if one was available, and watch the game, but I was too tired.

So I started walking toward a park area and found a little cafe to have a burger and fries and lemonade.  It was wonderful to have the weather nice enough to sit outside.  There was a beautiful fountain to watch, and it was just interesting watching people walk by in the park.

Then I came back to my room, and watched Sarah Palin's speech from the Tea Party Convention.  I actually like her speech.  I've never been a big fan, but I thought she did a good job on this speech.

Tomorrow I am joining some of my colleagues at the House of Blues for their Gospel Brunch.  I can't wait!!

I hope to take in some of the other sites around town while here.

I have been fighting a cold all week, and I am feeling much better, thank goodness.  And I get to sleep in tomorrow, so that is good.

No comments: