11/21/09

U is for Unity


How good and pleasant it is
when brothers live together in unity!
Psalm 133:1

I am thankful to dwell in unity with Christian brothers and sisters around the world, knowing that each of us believes that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and that God loved the world so much that He gave His son Jesus, and if we believe in Him, we will not perish but have everlasting life.

I have had wonderful encounters with people, and once we realized Christianity was our common thread, it was like we were old friends.

One of my more special Christian brothers in unity moment was two summer ago, when I visited the National Cathedral in Washington D.C., and attended a service in the basement of the Cathedral, in a small chapel. People from around the world opened up and shared how they had Hope because of Jesus Christ. I shared communion with these people, breaking the break and drinking the wine, just as Jesus commanded us to do.

Unity is pleasant. Unity brings peace. Unity brings love. Unity brings joy.

I am thankful for unity.

1 comment:

Nita Jo said...

Beautiful post. It spoke straight to my heart.

I love your gorgeous photo banner too! Three angels... you are so blessed!