11/12/09

L is for Lovely Ladies


Today I am very thankful for the lovely ladies I meet with on a monthly basis who are in my book group.

We have been meeting together for five years now. We started the fall of 2004, and only have had one member move away, then got another to replace her.

We have read a variety of books over the years, from best selling novels, to non-fiction, and ones that really surprised me because of how good they were.

We often call it our monthly "therapy session". We solve the world's problems. Yeah, we may get around to talking about the book, especially if it was a really good one, but mostly we get together to enjoy each other's company.

And we have about a 20 year age span between all of us. I am the youngster of the group. I love sharing time with these beautiful women who have taught me so many things over the years, and we have created quite a bond.

Next month we are having our annual Christmas book club, where we have a cookie exchange, and usually share small gifts, and we are each bringing a Christmas story to share.

Most of the time, we all make it to book group. Sometimes one can't make it. But we have had a pretty good track record.

I am so thankful for these ladies...these lovely, lovely ladies.

No comments: