7/14/09

Is it Really Mid July Already?

I guess the calendar doesn't lie. It is already the middle of July.

So much has been happening this summer, I haven't had time to sit and write as much as I would like to.

Z2 had a wonderful trip to New York City with some family friends. She arrived home late Friday night. Lots a wonderful pictures and wonderful stories. Now I keep wondering when it is my turn to go!!
Z2 and JB at the Statue of Liberty of the Fourth of July
The view from the Empire State Building
Z2 and JB before seeing Mamma Mia!
JB and Z2 before going to "The Little Mermaid" on Broadway.


We had nine house guests this past weekend. They were up here for Kellogg Worshipfest, an outdoor Christian concert put on by our church, Christian Life Center. PKR's sister Laurie came up from Meridian and brought her band, and many of them stayed here, along with members of their families.

I didn't get to see much of the concert, because of "D.K. Molar, the Devious Dentist", the show we are doing in Wallace at the Sixth Street Melodrama. And we have started rehearsals for next month's show as well, one PKR wrote. It was fun performing for family members and friends this past weekend. Crowds have been a little small again this summer....I really hope this isn't that last summer for this type of live entertainment in Wallace...but if we don't get the people to come see the show, it may be...YIKES!!!

(Hey, if anyone wants to come, I can get you $3 off the regular ticket prices. Just email me and I'll get you a great deal!!)

I finished helping with Sixth Grade Summer School last Friday, and so yesterday was wonderful, because I didn't have to go anywhere.

I got up and took a walk, then sat curled up with a book all day long, and enjoyed the rainy weather, and got some laundry done....what a wonderful day.


Tonight Z2 requested we go see the new Harry Potter movie tonight at midnight, since her 15th birthday is tomorrow. So we are heading over to Coeur d'Alene tonight to see the show...my first time going to a midnight movie...hope I can stay awake!!!

Enjoyed having Inland Empire Girl and Raymond Pert around over the weekend. They are both at Camp N-Sid-Sen on Coeur d'Alene Lake at a Writing Retreat this week. They will return again this weekend.

It is nice to have my summer schedule lighten up a bit, and take some time to relax.


A-h-h-h-h-h-h.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Breaking Dawn... I did

Tumblewords: said...

Sorry to see how fast the calendar shifts pages. Bwah. I started the Twilight series - the first 3 were loaned to me by my oldest granddaughter.

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Yes, I enjoyed the Twilight series. It was a nice, light read, and an interesting story.

MarmiteToasty said...

Looks like a fun trip.....

I have always since as long as I can remember wanted to see The Statue of Liberty.... and I so more then anything would love to go up in the Empire State Building.... one day aye lol

x