5/10/09

Happy Mother's Day To My Mom

My mom is a never ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.
~Graycie Harmon


I assigned our sibling assignment for today, which was to write a tribute to our mother for Mother's Day. IEG's will be here, and RP's here.

Today as people across the country celebrate and honor their mothers, I was fortunate enough to spend some time this afternoon with my own mother.

Unfortunately, I spend most of the afternoon in bed with a sore throat and stuffy nose.

So it was nice to get out into the sunshine for the hullabaloo going on in the backyard in the later afternoon.

PKR fixed me barbecued hamburgers with Z2 sauteing some mushrooms for them, too. YUM!!

I received a mug I picked out while in Spirit Lake yesterday, at Sondahl's Pottery.
Sondahl's Pottery Shop in Spirit Lake, Idaho
Here is the mug I picked out.

I also received a cast iron planter in the shape of a tricycle to put in my garden.

After dinner, Mom and I went to check out my yard, while PKR and the girls played some volleyball.Mom is checking out my basil in the wall o water.

Mom is a little envious of all the things already coming up in my garden, because she hasn't planted anything yet. This is a first...me getting my garden in before her!! But, if it wasn't for her, I would know anything about gardening.

The volleyball match was heating up across the yard.
Here we have team Kiki Aru and The Princess.
Watch out. The Princess has her game face on.
Here is Z2 and PKR, taunting their opponents.
The Princess asks Grandma Mary if she want to join the team.
Grandma Mary serves an ace!
Ah, here are three reasons why being a mother
is one of the best things in the world.


A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories. ~Honoré de Balzac

3 comments:

Leahann said...

Looks like you had a great afternoon. Dispite not feeling well, sorry to hear that. Happy Mother's Day!!

MarmiteToasty said...

What a beautiful family you have... and it all starts with your luverly mum.....

x

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Thanks Leahann. Hope your day was great.

MT--yes, I do have a luverly mum!!