3/31/09

Kellogg Bedroom Site of Rare Archeological Dig

(Cue Indiana Jones theme music)

The wonderful North Idaho spring weather has kept me inside today, and I have started a project. I have donned my hat and whip and decided to go on a bit of an archeological field trip...in my bedroom.

The rare artifact I am in search of has been quite illusive since after I fell asleep last night....

the TV remote.

As I began my search for this rare artifact, the project got bigger and bigger...


just like the pile on my bed...

just like the garbage bags full of stuff...

and the laundry baskets full of clothes...

But, in my search, I did unearth some other wonderful finds that I have been missing for a while...

The Regina Spektor CD...I haven't seen it in months.


And here are the Christmas CD's I didn't get to enjoy this past Christmas because I had no idea where they were.


And look at all the books that were entombed in this room....books I haven't seen in months and months....I must find some shelves to put them on.


School papers, about 10 different notebooks (I kid you not) that say "Budget notebook" on the front, CD's, DVD's, bill receipts, King Tut, a den of snakes, Steve Martin singing King Tut...

You name it, and I think I have found it in here...

I even unearthed my husband in all the mess...



Well, I haven't unearthed the Arc of the Covenant, but fortunately I don't have creepy Nazi's after me either....

Too bad I'm not looking for the Holy Grail....I wouldn't mind having Monty Python and his group of Merry Men showing up...I could use a good laugh...a good distraction as I figure out how I'm going to get this bed cleared off in time for bed.




Ah, the distraction worked...I found the prize!! It only took about four hours, but at least my room is a little bit more organized and cleaner!!!

8 comments:

Leahann said...

Isn't it always a little scarey when you start unearthing things in your bedroom. I managed to tackle one area in mine a few weeks ago but I'm consciencely avoiding the closet. God knows what I may find in there.

Christy Woolum said...

You know.... in scanning the photos I didn't see any tapes, tupperware, or a kitty carrier, but if they are found please return them to MIWW asap.
This is a great post. It is such a good feeling to sort and organize. Did you make it to bed yet?

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Leahann--I tell you, donning a hat and whip helps alot!!!

IEG--Well, there were tapes found, but PKR was on that detail, and the kitty carrier did get to MIWW, and tupperware still has bean soup in it in the fridge.

I did get the bed unearthed about 11 pm. But now there are boxes of things to file and put other places. But it does feel good to at least make some progress.

Katrina said...

Haha! Great post. I love the feeling of cleansing that accompanies a full-scale organizational effort. I'm getting an OD of that feeling now, though, with the move. Every box is about 10 percent junk, so I'm trying to sort as I put things away. It's slow going, but I'm sure it will be satisfying in the end.

Glad you found that remote!

Nita Jo said...

Love the pictures! We are sooo much alike... it's scary! I've been working on my clutter issues, but when I find a really great book or cd I feel the need to read it/play it or just sit and think about the memories attached to it. Funny, I don't seem to make much headway! I did get my bathroom shiny clean and organized. I smile every time I walk in there! One small step toward my ideal home! LOL!!!

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Thanks, Katrina. Now the next step is filing and boxing what I have separated out. UGH!! Yes, glad the remote was found.

NJ--Yes, we are alike. I love a clean, shiny bathroom, too. Yes, I can look at books and CD's that way too, but with the mound on my bed, I knew I wasn't getting to sleep until the bed was cleared off.

MarmiteToasty said...

LOL@that photo of your hubby......

x

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

MT--Yes, he was a good sport and played along quite well.