3/20/09

Down Time

It is time for some down time.

Yes, you probably thought my hibernation was a period of down time, but, unfortunately, I hibernate when my life is in full throttle, and I am full steam ahead.

That has been my life the past few weeks.

But things are slowing down, and life is getting back to normal.

Most of my energy this past few weeks has been put into organizing a Career Day at Kellogg Middle School. I'll post about it later, but I couldn't have asked for a better event, and I owe it all to the wonderful staff at KMS, the presenters, the parent volunteers and the students who all made it a great morning.

In the midst of that, I had some work related meetings in Coeur d'Alene last Thursday and Friday, plus Kiki Aru was creating a documentary on May Arkwright Hutton for History Day that she presented last Saturday morning (which she placed second and is going to State History Day in a few weeks), then off to Coeur d'Alene once again for the Lake City Shootout Basketball Tournament.

Yesterday, I did manage to go to The Centre of the Universe (Wallace) for lunch with a friend, and walk around town for a while. But by the end I was so tired, and in a somewhat zombie-like state that I came home and crawled into bed and napped for a few hours. It was just what I needed.

But I do have a little time this morning to breathe, enjoy looking at the sunshine outside, and do a little writing. The weekend ahead involves Book Group this afternoon, helping at the History day rummage sale this evening, and PKR is hosting the District Speech competition at Kellogg High School tomorrow and I will be judging in that all day. Z2 is competing in the salesmanship category, selling RayBan sunglasses.

And, in the midst of my hibernation, I also watched The Godfather. What an incredible movie. I think it is definately on my top ten best movies I have ever seen. We now have Godfather II and III ready to watch.

Another thing I have been pondering on this past week is the truly wonderful people I know and are a part of my life. I am so blessed. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is this:

Philippians 4:8 (The Message)

8-9Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

So I am off for the day, hoping to be worked into His most excellent harmonies.

Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

Down time sounds good! Tell Kiki Aru congrats on her history state project and I hope all goes well for Z2 today. I look forward to hearing more about the career fair.

MarmiteToasty said...

Just popping in to check on your hibernation and make sure your warm enough..... busy is good.. the career days sounds good but hard work, but everyone will reap so much from it.....

stay safe..

x