1/3/09

Happy New Year!!

I've been gone for a week, and am kind of out of blogging rhythm, so that is why I haven't written. But I'll be back to work tomorrow, and back to a somewhat normal schedule.

We had a nice visit with family last week down in the Meridian/Boise/Nampa area.

Here are the girls with their cousins..KR, The Princess, Z2, TR and Kiki Aru.
Here is PKR and his siblings, Kent, PKR, Laurie, Kevin and David.We met our grand nephew Trace for the first time. Here he is enjoying time with Grandpa Kent.
One of the highlights for me was visiting my Uncle Harry who lives in Boise. Here is Kiki Aru, Uncle Harry, me and Z2.

Harry lives in an assisted living residence, and we met some of the people who also live there. One man, Vic, was particularly memorable. He had just turned 100 about a week before. While a younger man, Vic worked for the J.C. Penney Company, and his job was to open new stores around the country. He actually knew J.C. Penney. He was a delightful man, and you would have never known he was 100 years old. Uncle Harry said there are actually three residents at his home that are 100 over older. Amazing!!!

We were glad to safely arrive home on Friday afternoon. The wind was really strong between Nampa and Pendleton, and the roads were really snowy on I-90 between Ritzville and Spokane. We probably saw over a dozen cars off the road, and two of them were turned over. And people weren't even going that fast.

Then we had a late Christmas with Inland Empire Girl and JEJ on Friday night, then off to Post Falls on Saturday for Kiki Aru's basketball game. It was a great game, and they won by one point. Kiki Aru made the free throw that ended the tie, and helped them win the game. They have one more game next Saturday, then 7th grade school basketball begins.

Today we are enjoying some peace and quiet before going back to school tomorrow. It is beautiful outside with the sky blue and sunny. It must be warmer, because the icicles are melting. The Princess had a visit from Boyfriend. She was glad to see him.

I'm really looking forward to this new year. A lot to anticipate, and I hope to see some permanent life changes that will make life better as well. (After a visit to the doctor a few weeks ago, I found out my cholesterol and triglycerides are really high, so some definite life changes are in order. I feel like I am a ticking time bomb, and it is finally time to wise up and do something about it.)

Thanks to all of you who read and comment and email me about my blog. Feedback is always appreciated, and I look forward to writing more in the year ahead.

God Bless!!

1 comment:

raymond pert said...

So, you are finally going to join the ticking time bomb club? That means you are fully a Wilson/Woolum now. The Walker/Wests were never ticking, but being a ticking time bomb defines the Wilson/Woolum side of the family. Good to have you on board the ticking time bomb express!