11/25/08

Homonym Fun

Kiki Aru came home asking help on a brain teaser question in her English Class.





KA: Mom, you know what homonyms are, don't you?





Me: Yes, I know what homonyms are. A homonym is one of a group of words that share the same pronunciation but have different meanings, and are usually spelled the same.





KA: Well, I need to find out what "A Golden Society" would be.





Me: Let's see.......Hm-m-m-m-m.............What could it be?....Boy, this is kind of tough......No, you don't have to wait until you dad gets home, I'll get it!!!...Oh, I know....A Gild Guild.

Wait, maybe if we add another part to it, you can get additional extra points...How about this?





A Golden Fish Society


A Gild Gilled Guild!!!




This is a true story. It just happened moments ago here in the living room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it mom?
is it true?


coco says you are lying
and stop being creepy listening to cosette and I talking while you are in bed.

Nita Jo said...

You are hysterical! And, I love the Princess's comment above... "stop being creepy"... hahaha!

Okay, maybe it's funny because it's after midnight and I'm tired and delirious (did I spell that right?).

I should go to bed. Later today I have to get everything ready for Thanksgiving dinner. I will have to "work up a certain enthusiasm". (Guess where that phrase came from)

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Oh Princess, how else would a mother know all she knows unless she listens in on her daughter's conversations?

NJ--I hope that enthusiasm comes today. Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!!!

Nita Jo said...

It's still with me...though I'm a bit sleepy now. May need a nap to carry me through.

By the way, the phrase comes from one of my favorite autumn movies, "The Trouble With Harry", a Hitchcock with humor! The movie introduced Shirley MacLaine. It was her line. If you haven't seen it, you really must give it a try!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Nita Jo