5/25/08

Surprise Visits

This weekend I was blessed to have visits two different times that I wasn't expecting.

On Friday, I chaperoned a field trip with the 8th graders. We went to Laser Quest in Spokane, then ate lunch and played at the park in Coeur d'Alene.

The school secretary handed me a note when I returned, and there was a note from a friend of mine from college. This is when it is great living in a small town. Her and her husband went to the Chamber of Commerce and they asked Norma, the director, if she knew me. Well, Norma sent my friend Tana down to Kellogg Middle School to find me, but I wasn't there, because I was on the field trip, but she left me a note.

She finally got a hold of me by phone that night, and I had breakfast with her and her husband on Saturday morning. The reason they were in Kellogg was two years ago they purchased a home here in town, because they were moving to South Carolina, and wanted a home in Idaho. This is the first time they had seen the house, and it ended up being right across the street from my church.

We had a wonderful time catching up and finding out what was going on in each other's lives. They now live in Idaho Falls, and have two girls.

The girls and I went to CDA on Saturday shopping, and, when we returned home, PKR said his cousin Tim and his family were in CDA for a soccer tournament. They ended up coming over Sunday morning for church, and then came over for lunch after church. Then we took them to the Crystal Gold Mine for a tour. Tim and his family live in Meridian. Their oldest daughter didn't come, but it was fun seeing Sheridan, who is Z2's age, and their son Jared, who I used to babysit before we moved up here to Kellogg.

It was great because we didn't have a whole lot planned to do this weekend, so we could take the time to visit and have breakfast and dinner with old friends.

Thank you, Lord, for these two wonderful blessings.

No comments: