5/20/08

The Greatest Little Show on Earth--Performance #2

This weekend, The Princess sang and danced in her senior recital with Joni Damiano Bartel's Performing Arts studio.
Here she performed in a dance with other members of her Jazz Dance class. (She is in the middle).
This year Miss Joni chose a circus theme, and called it "The Greatest Little Show on Earth." The Princess was a marionette.
Here is Miss Joni presenting The Princess, Melissa Flores and Sarah Grigg with a gift since they are all seniors, and it was their last recital.
The Princess started taking voice lessons from Miss Joni her freshman year, and started Jazz Dance her sophomore year. She did a really beautiful job singing "Don't Rain On My Parade".

You really know she did great when Miss Betty, (Miss Joni's mom, Betty Damiano, who started teaching dance in the valley in the 1950's, and has very high standards) came up to her afterwards just beaming, and gave her a big hug and said how strong she sang the song.

I keep wondering when it is going to hit...the fact The Princess is graduating from high school, and will be going to college next fall. I don't think I'm in denial. I just keep checking off the various performances and other milestones that mean this part of her life is coming to an end.

I keep waiting for it all to catch up with me....and when it does...I'm expecting a bit of a flood!!

Cataldo will have nothing on me!

No comments: