4/6/08

Winter...I Mean Spring Break Winding Down

As I enjoy the last precious hours of spring break, I am thankful for a nice, relaxing week.

On Friday, PKR and I got to spend the day together. We actually had a date all day. We went to Spokane, then to Coeur d'Alene. We ate at the Olive Garden. We checked out the movies, but nothing looked very interesting.

We drove out by Hayden Lake, and enjoyed the scenery. It doesn't look like Avondale or Hayden Lake Country Clubs will have many golfers anytime soon.

We wandered around Borders for a while.

It was just nice to have a day of uninterrupted time with each other.

Saturday was rather interesting. A writer had read some entries on my blog, and had contacted me to interview me about an article he was writing on how different things are now with the current mining and tourism boom, as compared to when I grew up here. He talked to PKR for a while, and then called me and talked to me as well. I also gave him a couple of names of some local mining guys to interview. When the article comes out, I'll put the information on how to read it here on my blog.

Earlier that morning, I was the journalist doing my own article. A friend of mine is preparing to go on a mission's trip to Africa with two other women, and Mama Bernice, who works as a missionary in Africa was here this weekend to talk to the women to help them prepare for their trip, which will be next January.

It was fascinating to listen to here talk about the children they work with in the "Jewels for Jesus" orphanage. She also shared alot about the culture of the African people. Mama Bernice is from Canada, and originally started traveling to Africa and working with there in 1967. She has a genuine love for these wonderful people, and she is doing a wonderful job.

I was asked by my friend Yvonne to write an article for the local paper about their trip so if people want to support them in this mission's venture, they can. Once I write the article, I will share it here as well.

Today was church, then we had a really good church leadership meeting after church at our pastor's house. We have a women's encounter retreat and a men's encounter retreat coming up at the end of the month that we are preparing for, and I am really looking forward to seeing how God will change the lives of the women and men attending these retreats.

The only problem with being so lazy and relaxed this weekend was I now have a pain in the neck...literally. My neck and shoulder is tight and I have a really big knot in my shoulder. It is not very pleasant.

Maybe once I get off the couch and start doing something, it will go away.

Back to work tomorrow, but the day beings with a quick trip to Coeur d'Alene to take Z2 to the orthodontist. Then on Thursday I take a short trip with Z2 and Kiki Aru to Caldwell for State History Day. Then Elton John on Saturday night!!

That about wraps it up for now.

2 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

I was glad to read you two had a day to yourself amid all the business, interviews, writing of articles and what is to come this week. I don't think the nieces ever read their email, so please give them our best wishes as they present at state. Think of me with a curling iron as a microphone hanging my head out of the second floor room window next to the Exec. Suite at the DDD house when Elton sings "Benny and the Jets ssss".

Cedar Street Kid said...

Olive Garden and Elton in the same week?Wow,does not get any better than that.