12/29/07

A Simon and Garfunkle Kind of Day...Feeling Groovy

Feelin' Groovy

Slow down, you move too fast.

You got to make the morning last.

Just kicking down the cobble stones.

Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.


Hello lamppost,What cha knowing?

I've come to watch your flowers growing.

Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?

Doot-in' doo-doo, Feelin' groovy.


Got no deeds to do,

No promises to keep.

I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.

Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.

Life, I love you,

All is groovy.
What a luxury it has been these past few days to not have a schedule, not have much planned, and some days to take it easy.
Yes, I am, as Simon and Garfunkle sang in their The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy), dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep...which is what I've been doing a lot of these past few days.
The last phases of a cold have also contributed to my groovy attitude as well. The last two days I think I went through two boxes of Kleenix tissues. But I got to sleep in today, and all the rest and naps I have been getting over the last few days have helped the cold go away. I hardly had a sniffle today.
Since sending out Christmas cards didn't happen before Christmas, my New Year's cards are all sealed and addressed. Now they just need stamps and put in the mail, which should happen on Monday. Yesterday and today I laid around in bed, watched "Due South" dvd's (Santa gave me all four seasons for Christmas) and got my Christmas cards done. Yeah!
I am getting caught up on laundry, so I'm not totally vegging out. But boy does it feel good to not have to go, go, go. It is nice PKR, the girls and myself are all on the school district schedule now and have two full weeks off for Christmas break.
Life I love you.....all is groovy!!

2 comments:

Go Figure said...

Christmas breaks are the best! Doesn't sound like there was too much slowing down though.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!