12/6/07

Sharing Time With Those We Love

Today was one of those rare days when my friend Carolyn and I set aside a day to leisurely spend some time together and enjoy one another's company.

Our plan was to drive east to Wallace, and visit some of the new shops that have opened, or older ones we haven't been to in a while, have lunch, and maybe get a little Christmas shopping done.

Idaho Silver Shop was our first stop. My friend Rayma, who I graduated from high school with, was a big help as we looked at all the beautiful jewelry. She is such a wonderful asset to the Wallace Business Community, and has been for over 20 years.

Then we went down the street to The Price Tag, and antique store housed in the old Coeur d'Alene Hardware building. It is a cool old building. The shop's owner, Anita, has some wonderful items for sale, and I hit the jackpot when I found 11 big plastic candy canes to purchase for our upcoming Christmas program at church.

Next we stopped in the Silver Capital Arts store, where I found a gift for someone on my list. Then we went to the antique shop located in the old Rullman's building, and visited with Terri, who runs this shop.

We had lunch at the 1313 Club. I had a wonderful Reuben sandwich with coleslaw, and Carolyn had fish and chips. Fortunately she opted to have the beer batter fries for her "chips", and I got to help her eat them. Yum!! To find out more about the 1313 Club, go here.

After lunch, we traveled back to Kellogg, and visited eMGee's, run by my good friend Mary Gail. Her daughter-in-law makes this wonderful homemade soap, and one of the bars is anise, or black licorice flavored, and I bought a bar to put in my bathroom. Now everytime I enter my bedroom, I can smell that wonderful anise smell. M-m-m-m-m-m-m.

We all need to take time to spend with friends. We had such an enjoyable time. Carolyn grew up in Wallace, and raised her son in Wallace, and it was fun as she would run into people she knew on the street.

At lunch, we visited about so many wonderful topics, mainly about finding balance in life, and learning to serve God through that balance.

I enjoy having friends of all ages. Carolyn is probably 15-20 years older than me, but we have a very special relationship, and one I am glad we continue to nurture through times like these.

As the Christmas season is upon us, this is what the season is all about...sharing our time with those we love.

No comments: